Here’s the truth – I’m a member of that camp of women who love gin, however, after too many, feel the need to cry.
Someone needs to study it. Maybe I need to study it.
I will add to this that I’m not a drunk crier. Ever. If anything, alcohol conveniently numbs me from feeling any emotion at all.
But, twice in my life I have got into the passenger seat of some poor, unsuspecting cab driver’s car…and proceeded to burst into tears.
HIM: “You have fight with your boyfriend?”
ME: “No, I’ve had 6 gin and tonics!”
(This sounds like racist stereotyping, but he was from Africa and that is genuinely how he said it).
So, if I am going to drink some gin and have a good cry because someone spilled Kahlua and milk on my suede shoes, it might as well be worth it.
This gin cocktail with cranberry is so easy and looks delicious. The website states that it takes 2 minutes to make. May your lips be wet and your eyes stay dry!
- 100ml | 3 fl oz cranberry juice
- 80ml | 2.7 fl oz ( ⅓ cup) Hendricks gin
- 40ml | St Germain (Elderflower liqueur)
- juice of ½ lemon
- fresh cranberries threaded on cocktail sticks to garnish
- Fill your cocktail shaker with plenty of ice and add all the ingredients (apart from the fresh cranberries). Shake until a frost forms on the shaker – about 30 seconds.
- Pour into chilled martini or coupe glasses and garnish with the fresh cranberries.