If you ask any of my close friends they will tell you – Katie, loves her Prosecco. However, as we approach the warmer months, it seems a shame to flounce around with a glass of bubbles when I could be lying on the deck holding a summery, fruity, refreshing cocktail instead. So, I went and found myself this Plum and Thyme Prosecco Smash, made by Leigh Ann. It’s still my beloved Prosecco, but wearing a new designer outfit!
I’ll take my bubbles fruity thank you – shaken, stirred and smashed…
- 2 Plums
- 6 Thyme Sprigs
- Juice from one Lemon
- 4 Tbsp. Thyme Simple Syrup (1/2 Cup of Sugar, 1/2 Cup of Water, bring to a boil, remove from heat, add thyme sprigs, stir, and let cool. Chill until ready to use.)
- 1 Bottle of Prosecco or your favorite bubbly
- Peel and chop 2 plums.
- Muddle the plums with the thyme simple syrup and lemon juice until all of the plum juices have been released. (You can also muddle right in the glass if you prefer to have bits of fruit in your cocktail!)
- Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour over crushed ice evenly between two glasses.
- Top off with Prosecco and garnish with extra plum slices and thyme sprigs.
- Serve immediately.