Ways in which I have succeeded at my new simple way of life this week:
1) I spent an afternoon mastering the perfect tomato tart. I will post this in the next couple of weeks. I practiced my food photography and truly lost myself in the task.
2) I stopped myself from buying a piece from the new cashmere range that came into work.
3) And a white gypsy dress that was 50% off.
4) I cleared out my underwear draw…if you are fluro or have a slogan on the bum, you go now.
Ways in which I have failed miserably:
1) I ate an entire bag of marshmallow Easter eggs the other day because I was stressed. This is not simplifying my life, this is adding cellulite to it.
2) I layby-ed a floor length cardigan at Witchery. A charcoal grey cardigan. As you know, I already have two grey woolen cardigans, so this was obviously a necessity.
3) There was some sort of explosion in my room the other day (I was running late) and clothes ended up all over the place. Although I made a declaration to start tidying small messes before they become big messes – my room still currently looks as though a possum got in through the window and tried on all my clothes.
4) I consumed a bag of salty Uppercut chips today. Now I am experiencing instant karma as I am lying on my bed writing this with cotton-mouth.
I apologise if lately (or in the near future) my posts seem to contain a little less love than usual. I may drop down to just one post a week over the next month. My supervisors have finally got back from a long holiday and decided to start giving me a few changes to make – so working, blogging and PhD-ing has me spreading myself a little thin. I have dreams of spending full days on my bed like a starfish, staring at the ceiling. Or packing my bag, getting on a plane and telling nobody where I’m going. Or hiding in a cupboard.
These times in my life always pose the biggest test for me. When the going gets stressful, I usually stop taking proper care of myself. This time I am going to attempt to break my trend….and avoid all dark hall cupboards.
Blazer – Taylored Singlet – Glassons Jeans – Levi’s Heels – Mi Piaci
Much love XX